The geometers are often a bit lively during the day and I had some trouble taking the picture above. In the end I popped the moth in the freezer for 10 seconds and then put in on a leaf. It kept still for about a minute and then started buzzing-up to temperature before flying off.
Full trap list (Actinic 40W, ST5715, VC9, Dorset):
- 0015 Orange Swift Hepialus sylvina 1
- 0695 Agonopterix alstromeriana 1
- 1690 Small Blood-vein Scopula imitaria 1
- 1855 Cypress Pug Eupithecia phoeniceata 1
- 1937 Willow Beauty Peribatodes rhomboidaria 1
- 1961 Light Emerald Campaea margaritata 1
- 2107 Large Yellow Underwing Noctua pronuba 6
- 2123 Small Square-spot Diarsia rubi 1
- 2126 Setaceous Hebrew Character Xestia c-nigrum 7
- 2134 Square-spot Rustic Xestia xanthographa 5
- 2199 Common Wainscot Mythimna pallens 2
- 2297 Copper Underwing Amphipyra pyramidea 1
- 2353 Flounced Rustic Luperina testacea 2
- 2389 Pale Mottled Willow Paradrina clavipalpis 1
- 2477 Snout Hypena proboscidalis 1
32 moths of 15 species.
Having had a few spare moments the past week I have done a minor tweak to the website to include automatically changing pictures. The photo on the Welcome page should now rotate every week.